Italian judge halts Giulio Regeni trial, orders po

2022-04-05
  • Detail
Italian judge halts Giulio Regeni trial, orders police to find accused - Today News Post News Post || Euro News:

A Rome judge halted the trial of four high-ranking members of Egypt’s security forces on the day it opened ThursdayThe Canadian Press here., saying there was no certainty they had been officially informed that they were charged in the abduction, torture and killing in Cairo of an Italian doctoral studentThe type of care we should be providing..

Citing the need to guarantee a fair trial, Judge Antonella Capri nullified the decision to prosecute the four and ordered the documentation returned to magistrates who must try again to locate the suspects. Her decision was a blow to prosecutors who have been trying to bring Giulio Regeni’s killers to justice for five years.

Regeni’s body was found on a highway days after he disappeared in the Egyptian capital on Jan. 25, 2016. He was in Cairo to research union activities among street vendors as part of his doctoral thesis.

Regeni’s mother has said his body was so mutilated by torture that she was only able to recognize the tip of his nose when she viewed itI kind of feel at this moment tha. Human rights activists have said the marks on his body resembled those resulting from widespread torture in Egyptian Security Agency facilitiesThose with negative test results can continue their 14-day quarantine at home..

Copyright © 2011 JIN SHI